Medical Malpractice Is A Breach Of Trust. If You Suffered Injury, You Have The Right To Recover.
You trust doctors and other medical professionals with your life. When their negligence injures you or a loved one, the results can be catastrophic. The frustrating part is that these injuries are preventable.
I am attorney Roger Rudich and have handled medical malpractice and other personal injury cases for those in the Chicago area for many years. I have made claims against:
- Nursing home staff
- Hospital staff
- Assisted living facilities
What Are The Most Common Medical Errors?
It is important to understand that people will sometimes become sick and die even when doctors do everything right. The problem lies in injuries that occur due to negligence rather than a simple mistake.
There are many ways that medical professionals can commit egregious errors, but they all tend to fall into seven major categories:
- Birth injuries. Even with our modern technology, labor can still be dangerous, and sometimes an error can have a lifelong effect.
- Surgical errors. This can include actions like a nicked vein or operating on the wrong body part.
- Medication errors. This may include an adverse drug reaction, like a drug allergy or a bad combination of medications, or an error in prescribing or administering a drug.
- Misdiagnosis. A misdiagnosis may cause a delay in treatment or a completely inappropriate treatment plan.
- Falls. Falls are a concern in hospitals, but even more so in nursing homes and assisted living facilities where a fall can be fatal to an elderly person.
- Laboratory errors. A lab error can lead to another error, such as misdiagnosis or a medication error.
- Infections. Unfortunately, hospitals and health care facilities are full of harmful bacteria. When health care personnel do not take proper precautions to not spread the bacteria, patients pay the price.
Many of these mistakes result from a failure to communicate properly, either with the patient or among staff. They also stem from a lack of good record-keeping. Medical staff could avoid these mistakes with proper time and attention.
Let Me Access Your Case. You Have Nothing To Lose.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury at the hands of any medical professional, let an experienced lawyer assess your case. I know the law, procedures and rules, and have handled cases just like yours.
Call me today at 312-815-7911 to set up a consultation.
I offer free consults and do not charge a fee unless I recover payment for you. You have nothing to lose.
You can also contact me online.